Ken Waller wrote:

>I try to make a daily visit to the Gallery & rate images & I have to say
>that I find myself rejecting most of what is presented. If I go thru 20
>images, on a good night there might be 4 or 5 that I will give the thumbs up
>to.

I find my acceptance rate varies between 5% and 10%.
But I do find it's great visual exercise to go through judging these
photos and thinking about what should be done better.

I often wish I could send the photographer a message like, "You're
*so* close to something really good! Just crop... or use a curves
adjustment... or go back in better light.." etc. Of course, it's
totally impractical for them to accept comments - I can just imagine
the kind of flame wars that would erupt. But I often feel the
overpowering desire to offer encouragement for a promising effort
rather than just clicking "no".

And I think everyone should spend 5 minutes browsing through the
recently accepted images before uploading their own. That's a dose of
reality!