On Wed, 10 Jun 2009 14:03 -0700, "Joseph McAllister" <pentax...@mac.com>
wrote:

> Try all three now! That's an order! Especially all IE versions and
> "other weird" browsers. Dare ya! And let me know if they are really
> slow, 'cause frankly, I never check the damn things except through
> Comcast (now gone) and FIOS (now connected) at pretty high speeds.
> Like between 19.6 mbps (Local) and 18.63 mbps (San Jose) and 19.83
> mbps (Boston) download, throttled to 20 mbps by my contract, with an
> average of about 5.5 mbps upload speed.
>
> http://gallery.me.com/jomac
> http://web.me.com/jomac/show.me/Blog/Blog.html
> http://homepage.mac.com/jomac/PESO/0007

With IE6 (which I rarely use), I get a page which says "We Recommend a
Newer Browser" and suggests I upgrade to Safari 3 Public Beta or later,
Firefox 1.5 ot later, or IE 7 or later.  It then allows me to use my
current browser but warns that I might not have access to all features.

On using "my current browser", I see much the same as Graydon - and the
pages load at glacial speed.  With Firefox 3, the pages work fine.

Cheers

Brian

Brian Walters
Western Sydney Australia