John Francis wrote:

My day job is working with software that has to work well on IE,
and has to work acceptably on the other mainstream browsers. That
pretty much dictates my using IE as my default browser.  Sure, I've
got Firefox installed as well.  But for just clicking on a link I'm
going to see what IE does with it.

I agree with everything you said except that bit about making IE the default browser. I don't do that. Opera is my default browser. But I surely test with IE6, IE7, and, now, IE8. I'm going to have to get another hard drive just for all the virtual machines. I wish I had easy access to non-Intel-x86 machines running AIX, Solaris, HP-UX, zLinux, etc., so I could test on them, too.

--
Thanks,
DougF (KG4LMZ)