Good evening everybody

Not very nice story to tell but with a educational thought at the end.
Being sure I managed to learn how to operate my MX (how hard can it be) I
loaded it with film a shot to have some shooting. I did everything in the
way the manual tells to do - I've putted the end of film beetween the pins,
advanced couple times checking the rewind knob at the same time (I've used
to shot with zenit camera) - everything seemed OK. So I did some shooting.
When Christmas came I still had some frames left so I decided to burn them
with a family (my MZ-M was loaded with B&W film). Did some shooting and
realised I'va allready reached frame 36 - so I rewound the film. It happened
very easily - even too easily. I got scared that I might have rip the film
from the cartdridge due to winding over the last frame but the film seemed
to be OK back in the cartdridge.
Today I went to the photo lab to have it developed. To my great dismay it
turned out, that the whole shooting exposed only one frame and a third. The
firs frame was exposed correctly but next was done only after moving by one
third of the frame, than every frame was done in the same spot. The rest of
the film is clean.
I'm sure I've checked the rewind knob at the beginning but don't recall
doing it later. Is it possible for film to slip from take-up spool during
shooting? How deep should I push the leader between the pins? Or maybe is it
the camera fault? I did some tests with an old film today and it seems to
work OK.

Now the educational part. I've read in the past not to photograph anything
important with a new camera and I found the hard way how true it is. I still
have a christmas tree at home but the atmosphere and presents are gone.
Also developed the film from MZ-M and it seems that every frame is at least
printable (can't really judge exposure from the neg). Should have used this
one...

Another thing - I've seen lately few posts on the list with a statement that
SC-1 focusing screen is hard to find. Is it because it is MX focusing screen
(are they hard to find in general) or it is because it is the one that was
supplied with the camera (it looks like the one to me) so not many of them
were produced due to low demand?

Just wanted to share the story - maybe it will be of some advice to someone.

Maciej Marchlewski