On Mon, 22 Jun 2009 23:08 +0200, "AlunFoto" <alunf...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Leaving birds alone for a spell.
> http://alunfoto.blogspot.com/2009/06/armeria-maritima.html
>
> Or if you don't wish to be bothered with the blog thingy:
> http://turl.no/43m

> Jostein

Very nice.  The softbox has enhanced the colour of the flowers without
creating harsh light.  I also like the placement of the tower at the dip
in the background hill.

I've also never been entirely happy with my flash shots of wildflowers.
I generally have the flash slightly off to the left with a diffuser over
the head to try to produce a soft light.  Sometimes I add a second,
lower powered, flash on the right.

It works sometimes....

I'll have to look into the softbox approach.

Cheers

Brian

Brian Walters
Western Sydney Australia