On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 02:32:36PM -0400, Christian scripsit:
> Graydon wrote:
[snip; discussion of the Optio W80 as was just announced]
>> I rather like the -10 C, myself, but it's still a small sensor with too
>> many dots and a -- presumably debugged by now -- teeny internal zoom.
>>
>>> If the picture quality is equal to my current Optio MX or Optio S,
>>> I'll be interested.
>>
>> I'll admit to having a strong bias against cameras that don't provide a
>> raw capture option in this respect, or, really, it's more or a loathing
>> of JPEGs.  This isn't entirely rational.
>
> I just want a rugged, small, compact that takes "good enough for web or
> 4x6 prints for a photo album" quality pictures to take with me on my
> rides and sails.

Which makes lots of sense.  I may be traumatized by trying to do that
was an LX2, I don't know; I just found that a)there was no low-light
capability to speak of, so many inside shots were impractical, and
b)most of the things I wanted snapshots of were too far away.  This is
doubtless much more of a PEBKAC problem than a camera problem as such.

-- Graydon