Thanks, Jostein: I downloaded Brian's suggestion of HTML Kit today. Quite a bit nicer than Notepad, to say the least, but I'm glad I had the go with Notepad--It's given me a greater appreciate for the wonderful upgrade to HTML Kit. lol. Cheers, Christine

----- Original Message ----- From: "AlunFoto" <alunf...@gmail.com>
To: "Pentax-Discuss Mail List" <pdml@pdml.net>
Sent: Tuesday, July 07, 2009 4:09 AM
Subject: Re: Way OT @ $#*<h1>woman throws in towel on writing code</h1>*#$@

2009/7/3 Christine  Aguila <cagu...@earthlink.net>:
Truth be told, despite the beginner frustration, I was enjoying learning
this stuff--it's been awhile since I learned something new that was this
challenging; I really enjoyed the challenge, wanted to overcome the
obstacles, and my brain was feeling hot and exercised--which it hasn't felt
in some time.

Hey Christine,

Been away for nearly two weeks, and reading this whole thread in one go...
By the time I got to your post above, I was thinking that those two
days must have been well spent for you. :-)

Thing is, even with the best WYSIWYG editors, you will occasionally
stumble onto some glitch. Either in the way the code is generated, or
because you make typos that hide themselves like needles in heystacks.
:-(  - been there... :-) So that's where your two-day investment comes
in handy. Now you know a fair bit of what's going on behind the WYS.

FWIW, EditPad from JGsoft is similar to HTMLkit, but in my experience
much better. As in more stable on my systems (both work and private),
and more functionality. It's not freeware, however, so try the kit
first. That too is a good piece of software.

If it's any comfort, I spent a lot more than two days to learn HTML. :-)

cheers,
Jostein

--
http://www.alunfoto.no/galleri/