Dave,

I shot a handful of jpegs in the kitchen (incandscent light at sunset).
They were quite snappy and colorful, even a bit blue near the window light.
At jpeg quality 3, the jpegs were 6-7meg.  At highest quality (4) they
were 8-9 meg.

In the morning I got better light and shot RAW+ (DGN's +JPG's) at the arboretum.
I'm not sure why you would do that.
The DGN's were 16-19 megs and the jpegs 9-10 megs.
The outdoor jpegs looked fine, but I've not done pixel peeping,
just loaded them in Photoshop Elements 5.0.

Regards,  Bob S.