Monday, January 07, 2002, 2:37:01 PM, Doug wrote:
[...]
DF> Photographers" book, he mentions that there's a company out there that
DF> will build a profile for a specific output device.  My suspicion is
DF> that it's more expensive than a new scanner that does have an ICC
DF> profile from the manufacturer. :-)

The graphic studios don't use manufacturer's profiles, they profile
they own equipment. Each scanner is a little different, and for really
demanding work, you need to profile your own. Which can be done,
rather easily, if you have an IT8 target. See my previous post.

HTH,
Good light,
   Frantisek Vlcek