On 7/23/09, Malcolm Smith <malcolmsmi...@btinternet.com> wrote:

> It is. I gave up trying to explain why I was using an LX and normally say I
>  can't afford digital; it saves a lot of hassle explaining.
>
>  I'm most surprised the shop assistant didn't note Bob's camera and guide him
>  towards more expensive footwear!

I had some soccer mom tell me the other day that I should ditch all my
film gear and get a "digital", all the while waving her little Kodak
in my face or holding it at arm's length for shaky snapshots of her
ugly kids standing in front of something passably touristy.
Unfortunately, this not an uncommon occurrence.  I briefly considered
the camera as weapon approach, but then told her in words loud enough
for her brats to hear that no one interested in actually looking at
the photos later on would be caught dead with that piece of shit.

I've been cranky lately.

--
Scott Loveless
Cigarette-free since December 14th, 2008