From: "Bob W" <p...@web-options.com>
To: "'Pentax-Discuss Mail List'" <pdml@pdml.net>
Sent: Tuesday, July 28, 2009 10:18 AM
Subject: RE: Summer greetings from Scandinavia!

Recently I had the pleasure of covering a full week of
athletics at what's
called The (Natwest) Island Games. I guess it's the only
competition/games
where qualification for participating is based purely on a geological
criteria - only island residents and teams can participate...
:) (There were
all kinds of sports, but I only did track & field.)

Welcome back!

How did we miss that event, leaving all the glory to plucky little Aland?!
We could have sent a team from GB, one from Australia, another from the
Americas and perhaps, stretching the rules a little, one from Eurasia,
another from Africa below the Suez. And also one from Iberia including
Gibraltar and the stubby little bit of France below the Canal du Midi.

I don't think Antarctica would have sent anyone - they keep themselves
pretty much to themselves and their penguins.

Hi Bob, thanks.

I thought of explaining a bit more about the criterias, but then thought I'd leave an opening for your comments, since I know that you're a man of the world... :)

Actually there were many more teams from GB than you probably thought of, and a number from the Americas as well and even from Gibraltar... Har!

It has to be an island of not more than 100,000 inhabitants.

I think that you, and many others, may find it interesting to check these islands out here:

http://www.natwestislandgames2009.ax/text.con?iPage=15&m=76

Lasse