Graydon wrote:
On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 03:08:47PM -0400, Doug Brewer scripsit:
Graydon wrote:
On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 01:35:17PM -0400, Desjardins, Steve scripsit:
Yeah, I gather the 31 has that certain "je ne se qua" that not one can
measure but many can see.  I doubt not that it exists.  But compared
to the DA35, it's an expensive bit of français.
Do you need to take pictures in ambient light indoors at that focal
length?

If so, the FA31 is superior to the DA35 _for that purpose_, because it
will work at all and the DA35 doesn't.
the da35 stops working if you take it inside?

The DA35 isn't fast enough to take pictures of small children running
around inside in relatively dim mixed lighting without pushing the ISO
on the K20D up into "useless".

Which is what I should have written in the first place, because of
course you can do still-life with it inside just fine.

-- Graydon

Phew! Real glad you added that specific-use-case disclaimer. I have some shots of jazz players I took in rather dark clubs that were about to spontaneously disappear because they'd just been defined as impossible.

:-)

-bmw