On Jul 28, 2009, at 10:53, Miserere wrote:

Like William Robb, I've always input the shortest FL. Sometimes, if I
find I'm going to spend a while shooting at the longest FL of the
zoom, I'll change the SR FL to that value, but otherwise, it's just
the shortest. I simply bear in mind that I won't get the full benefit
of SR at the longest FL and adjust my shutter speeds accordingly.

FWIW, I set it at "near the longest focal length" and have gotten decent results.

For my Vivitar Series 1 70-210, I set it to 180mm.

Seems to work OK - I haven't tested it much to compare different settings.

I will say that setting it to less than the full zoom length risks under-correcting right at the time you'd need it most, so I don't get that strategy. Anyone?

 -Charles

--
Charles Robinson - charl...@visi.com
Minneapolis, MN