----- Original Message ----- From: "Ralf R. Radermacher"
Subject: Re: K-7 new firmware 1.01

http://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-dslr-discussion/66277-k7-long-
exposures.html

As usual, the astro- and nightscape shooters who pointed this out were
treated as a bunch of odd freaks complaining about problems noone else
has and the discussions quickly petered out.

Ermmm well, PentaxForums for the most part is a Pop-Poms on the sidelines style of cheering section. I've been pilloried a number of times for voicing my opinion about AF speed and camera responsiveness. At the same time, the DFS thing is something that will affect a very small number of users. It would be nice to be able to turn it off though.

As an aside, can a person do DFS after the fact by running a long exposure with the cap on and then inverting it and dropping it onto a long exposure picture?

William Robb