On Wed, Aug 5, 2009 at 6:12 PM, Frits Wüthrich<fritswuthr...@xs4all.nl> wrote:
> I have noticed a small price increase for the above lens.
>
> I bought it from Technik direkt, for 600 euro's.
> It is now 1172 euros
> http://www.technikdirekt.de/main/en/foto/objektive/objektive-pentax/768703/-/article-pentax-da-4-0-12-24.html?
> TeKaDe has it for 1119 euro
> http://www.tekade.de/product_info.php/info/p2846_smc-DA-12-24mm-F4-ED-AL--IF-.html
> Foto Konijnenberg has it for 1029 euro
> http://www.fotokonijnenberg.nl/product/12521/pentax_da_12-24mm_f_40_ed_al.html
> Cameraland still has it for 699 euro, so hurry
> http://www.cameraland.nl/component/page,shop.product_details/flypage,shop.flypage/product_id,5158/category_id,133/manufacturer_id,0/option,com_virtuemart/Itemid,26/
> B and H for 719.95 USD
> http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=productlist&A=details&Q=&sku=399853&is=USA&addedTroughType=categoryNavigation
>
> Also my DA*50-135 is increased, I paid 829 euro from Tekade, it is now 1059
> euro
> http://www.tekade.de/product_info.php/info/p2853_smc-DA--50-135mm-F2-8-ED--IF--SDM.html
>
> I know prices have increased with 15%, but why so much for the 12-24? Was it
> under valued? Will B and H increase their price as well?
>
> Frits Wüthrich

Whoever's doing the pricing over at Pentax is smoking some good shit.

I'm looking at buying back into the system right now. Itused to be
that the DA 14 was marginally cheaper than the 12-24. Now the DA 14 is
half the price of the 12-24, which retails also for twice what the
exact same lens (Tokina 12-24/4 of which the Pentax is a lightly
modified rebadge of) does in other mounts.

The 43/1.9 also essentially doubled in cost while the 77/1.8 went up
around 50%. This is not making my lens selection easier.

-Adam
--
M. Adam Maas
http://www.mawz.ca