From: Joseph McAllister
On Aug 6, 2009, at 05:49 , John Sessoms wrote:

> From: Joseph McAllister
>> No wonder it takes me so much time to get through the PDML each >> day. I read the words!
>
> It's not that, it's all the little side journeys that crop up along > the way.
>
> Some link in the "99" thread eventually caught me up in a 4 part PBS > series on the first century of the Roman Empire via YouTube and it > took me almost a week to finish reading about Roman Emperors and the > make up of first century Roman Legions.
>
> I have no idea where the French & Saunders link from the "Death > Takes a Holiday" thread is going to end.

Must plow through the detritus with blinders firmly on. Once caught in the quagmire of YouTube you are lost for the day. God forbid something links me into FaceBook, which will link me into YouTube, which takes me out to HULU.

Life is too short.

Yeah, I know. Fortunately, I don't do FaceBook, and I don't yet know what HULU is ... although I guess I could Google it.

I watched a young lady at the dog park yesterday. She got a message on her iPhone (white) at least every minute, and replied to every one faster than I can type with a keyboard. I hope she's not crippled in the thumbs by the time she's 30.

I'm safe from that. I don't have an iPhone, and the battery on my cell phone is only good for a couple of hours. Don't have text messaging or internet on the phone.

All I have on the cell phone is it rings if someone does happen to call and voice mail in case the battery is dead or I forgot to take it off the charger when I left the house.