To: <pdml@pdml.net>
Sent: Friday, August 07, 2009 8:20 AM
Subject: Pentax FA 80-320 vs Sigma 70-300mm 4.0-5.6

Hi

I'm new here, although I did receive this back a few years ago.  I
have a question.

I have used the Pentax FA 80-320 for a few years.  I loaned it out
and the borrower dropped it, rendering it useless.

Now I need to replace it - for less money than I would prefer to
spend.  How do you people think it compares with the Sigma 70-300
f4-5.6? Is there a different lens to consider in the under-$250 price range?

Many thanks,
Tony