On Aug 8, 2009, at 03:50 , mike wilson wrote:

Joseph McAllister wrote:

I live between to particularly lofty peaks here in the state of Washington. On a good day (winter, day after a storm) I can see them both clearly. Mt. Rainier - 4392 meters, 14,411 feet, 105 km or 65 miles to my south linearly Mt. Baker - 3286 meters, 10,781 feet 90 km or 56 miles to my north linearly
But I will never climb either one!

You can't drive there?

Certainly not to the summit. But I can get maybe 1/4 of the way up either one. As the car drives, they are both more than twice as far away as the crow flies. But I'll go some day in the near future. I've only been here 21 years. Can't go to every little thing! :-)

Joseph McAllister
Pentaxian

http://gallery.me.com/jomac
http://web.me.com/jomac/show.me/Blog/Blog.html