On Aug 9, 2009, at 21:19 , eactiv...@aol.com wrote:

In a message dated 8/9/2009 8:46:14 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
kwal...@peoplepc.com writes:

Also, the older you get, in general, the higher the salary you command, mainly due to experience, the more likely you'll be replaced by a lower
salary, less experienced person.

===========
Ain't it the  truth.

Actually I was referring to the article, which wasn't focused on
employment at all. Just that older people were better at avoiding stressful
situations.

Which didn't include the above, but should have. No way to avoid that.

If you can figure out the game early on in life (and I did not) you'll realize that the goal is to climb the ladder so far that by the time you might be replaced by a younger less experienced replacement, you will be in a position to dictate who gets laid off, and who does not.

And you will have negotiated for a sweet golden parachute in case the/ a board of directors forces you out the door. As a matter of fact, many who make it to the BOD level play a game to see how many BODs they can serve on, and what kind of golden chutes they can negotiate from them!

Joseph McAllister
pentax...@mac.com

Pentaxian's Gallery
Pentaxian's Website/Blog