On Wed, Aug 12, 2009 at 1:14 PM, Brendan
MacRae<brendanmacrae1...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Not sure having Pentax being associated with Fry's is a good idea. In the
> past, they were the subject of multiple complaints from classic
> bait-n-switch sales scams, advertising prices that turn out to require
> sending in rebate forms without disclosure, to repackaging busted returned
> goods for sale. I don't know if they've cleaned up their act in the last few
> years but I would look into it before I would buy anything from them.

Both I and my partner shop at Fry's often when we need electronics
gear. They're ten minutes away and very convenient.

Like most of these big-box stores, what's on the floor in terms of
demo cameras and other goods is a junk heap ravaged by a thousand
imbeciles who think a camera makes a good chew toy for their poodle or
who just delight in returning every nice device into the chaos from
which it came. Many boxes are opened and resealed ... who knows what's
in them really? until you get home and study whatever it was. It's
kind of like playing russian roulette with crackerjack boxes.

But ... most of the electronics and such that I have purchased there
has been new, perfect, and given good service at good prices. Anything
that didn't I returned and was credited for in full and quickly. It's
convenient, cheap, and easy to deal with if you have good access.

Buy my camera equipment there? Shudder ... forget it.
--
Godfrey
  godfreydigiorgi.posterous.com