----- Original Message ----- From: "Boris Liberman"
Subject: Re: First K-7 woes

No, I did not install Pentax converter. Also I saw distinct
purple-magenta tint even on the screen of the camera itself, having
taken that shot of a gray building across mine... That, I should say
is something that saddened me considerably.

I will do both what you suggest: try DNG and try Pentax software.

As an addendum, I just did a very quick and relatively non scientific look at a DNG and a PEF of the same subject (more or less). The PEF out of Lightroom is ever so very slightly warmer (I really had a hard time deciding if it was warmer of if I was imagining it, it's that small a difference) than the DNG.

William Robb