There was a hotrod show in Scotts Valley today (about 5 miles from my
house). I figured that it would be a good opportunity to park the
racecar near the show, with the "for sale" signs prominantly
displayed.

I didn't get any nibbles on my racecar, but I spent some time
wandering about with my K20 and 18-250.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ellarsee/sets/72157622125850288/

Getting decent exposures when shooting cars in full sunlight is pretty
challenging. The specular reflections will just blow out, and
if you try to expose for the highlights, then everything else is so
underexposed as to be useless.

Short of carrying fill reflectors, or dealing with a fill flash, is
there anything that can be done? Or is it simply a case that if you
want good shots of a shiny hotrod with lots of chrome, you're going to
have to do it in shade, or spend a lot of work, or both?

Larry Colen             l...@red4est.com            http://www.red4est.com/lrc