> Thanks, Christine.
>
> This place has always fascinated me.  It's in a rural area of
> Kauai, on the road to Waimea Canyon.  I've seen it before,
> but on this occasion it looked very secretive, because of the
> mist and fog.  Part of the dome was in bright sunlight, and
> part was in the shade.
>
> This is just inland of the Barking Sands Pacific Missile
> Range.  The "No Trespassing" sign on the road identifies it
> as a NASA facility, but who knows what they track .  .  .

It looks very similar to the 'golf balls' at Menwith Hill and at
Fylingdales, both in Yorkshire. They are/were run by the NSA I think (not
NASA) and were part of the nuclear early warning system. I think they still
have golf balls at Menwith Hill, but at Fylingdale they seem to have
replaced them with enormous wedges of Wensleydale cheese.

Bob