On Sat, Sep 5, 2009 at 9:05 AM, paul stenquist<pnstenqu...@comcast.net> wrote:

> On Sep 5, 2009, at 5:25 AM, Larry Colen wrote:

>> The P-TTL would massively underexpose any shots that had a bright
>> light in the background.
>
> Yep. Any autoexposure system will do that.

The Nikon i-TTL system is VERY good at avoiding it. I'd expect the K-7
to be better than older Pentax bodies as my experience is that the
more zones the meter has, the less likely a background point source
will cause this sort of underexposure. Nikon's 1005 pixel meter is the
standard here and nobody else comes close in this specific instance
(flash or ambient). My new E-30 is quite bad for this sort of thing.

--
M. Adam Maas
http://www.mawz.ca