Sounds like a shutter problem.
On Sep 8, 2009, at 8:05 PM, MikeM wrote:

I found there is still a series of 3 bad shots on the card. The first is completely dark, the next has a sliver of normal exposure at the top, and the 3rd has a wider sliver at the top that is correctly exposed. Does this indicate it is a blade-type problem? I checked the EXIF of the files and saw no difference.

Mike

----- Original Message ----- From: "MikeM" <mmo45...@bigpond.net.au>
To: <PDML@pdml.net>
Sent: Tuesday, September 08, 2009 2:57 PM
Subject: K10 problem

My K10 has started taking shots that are very dark followed by some shots that are ok then there are a few that are very dark followed by more that are ok. So far the bad shots have all been occurring in groups of 3. I don't know if that is just coincidence or not. In 1 group of bad shots 2 were dark and 1 was so light it was difficult to make anything out.

A few months ago my K100 started rebooting occasionally. Pentax quoted $549 to replace the circuit board. Does the K10 problem sound like it could be as serious, and expensive?