Hi all,

There was a bit of list traffic a couple weeks ago on the merits of some of
the smaller-aperture 85mm lenses.  I find my 135mm a bit long for some
portrait and candid situations, especially indoors.  A nice 100mm or 85mm
might work better.  Much as I'd love one of those A* 85/1.4's, that beast is
simply out of my budget.  I seem to recall that Shel (?? -- maybe a few
others?) had some positive comments about the SMC-M 85/2.  Are these pretty
uncommon, or am I just looking in the wrong places?  What prices might these
go for -- say, at a reputable on-line shop?

Thanks in advance,

Bill Peifer
Rochester, NY