JCO wrote:

>In camera meters are very stupid to the point that a simple "guess"
>can easily be more accurate than even an LX with certain subjects.

Certainly not. The LX meter and any other correctly calibrated meter is
right 100% of the time.

>Very true to the point that in order to compensate for the
>in cameras meter's "dumbness" you end up guessing anyway.
>Thats why I use sunny f16 or an incident meter and manual
>exposure. It yeilds more consistant results than an in camera
>meter does.

Whatever meter you use, consistent results are dependent whether or not the
photographer knows what he wants and know how to use the meter. All meters
are equal in this regard independent on whether the meter is physically
located in a camera body or not.
The advantage of meters like in the LX is that you can set exposure more
accurate than 1/3 of a stop something that's impossible to do consistently
with any hand-held meter.

Pål