From: "J.C. O'Connell"
well, the old, original Kodak company has stopped making it,
and I never thought that day would come so soon.
I had used Kodak BW paper my whole life.

I believe Kodak discontinued manufacturing B&W paper back in 2006, certainly by 2007.

They had extensive stocks in the warehouse, same as with the recent announcement discontinuing Kodachrome. There's supposed to be enough Kodachrome left in the warehouses to last another year or so.