On Sep 29, 2009, at 1:55 AM, Larry Colen wrote:

On Mon, Sep 28, 2009 at 08:15:19PM -0400, Michael Beacom wrote:
Pictures of a top drawer Blues duo, in a tiny venue- Archie's
Barbershop. (http://www.acousticblues.com/)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/62343...@n00/sets/72157622467532792/

Comments and criticism are welcome.

Very nice, I have a hard earned appreciation of how hard it is to get
clean shots of vlues musicians.

I spent all my time in two chairs, on each side of the stage. The room was so small that I would have been too obtrusive if I tried to move around. Sometimes you just have to live with mic stands...

Are they black and white because the "stage" lighting was so horrible?

The stage "lighting" was standard florescent tubes. I managed to get pretty fair skin tones, but the rest of the "set" was kind of ugly, so I just threw the color away. That and I cranked the ISO up. Rather than worry about noise, I just added some more sharpening, and all that noise turned into better looking grain.

Cheers,
Mike