On Sep 28, 2009, at 19:15, Michael Beacom wrote:

Pictures of a top drawer Blues duo, in a tiny venue- Archie's Barbershop. (http://www.acousticblues.com/) There were something like 30 or 40 people- just about all the place can comfortably hold. All told, a great evening. I hope I was able to capture some of the flavor of the show.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/62343...@n00/sets/72157622467532792/

I was going to comment that it must have been very dark in there, until I realized that you were shooting some of those motion-blurred images at ISO 1600 - and f/16!

I actually like some of the ones with the motion blur in 'em. Puts a little "zing" into it even though it lacks the sharpness that I usually (for better or worse) push for. I think especially with the pretty bland overhead lighting you needed to do something to liven it up. Not a bad set.

 -Charles

--
Charles Robinson - charl...@visi.com
Minneapolis, MN