2009/9/30 John Francis <jo...@panix.com>:
> Our maths teacher sprung this one on us in the 5th form
> (ob.us - around 11th grade).  He asked us to estimate the
> probability that two people in our class of around 30
> shared the same birthday.  He chose a few people to guess,
> before he revealed the answer.  I was one of the two top
> maths performers in the class, so he saved me until last.
> My guess?  100% !    That surprised him somewhat, until I
> pointed out that we had two sets of twins in the class ...

Lol!

I have a relative who likes to travel Europe by charter bus. He takes
a kick out of betting with some poor bloke on whether two people in
the bus have the same birthdays, before grabbing the guide microphone,
announce his intents and ask people to reveal their birthdays. So far
he's only lost the bet once; I think the total score is 5:1 in his
favour.

Jostein

--
http://www.alunfoto.no/galleri/