On Thu, Oct 01, 2009 at 09:51:39PM +0100, mike wilson wrote:
> John Sessoms wrote:
>
> >From: Larry Colen
> >
> >>Last year I had thanksgiving with a friend I used to date. She is
> >>exactly a year younger than me. At that thanksgiving dinner, out of 12
> >>people, 4 of us were born on Sept. 6th.

> >In my life time, I have met several persons with my name, including one
> >who had my exact first, middle and last name.
> >
> >But I have never met anyone who shared the same birthday.
>
> I have somebody living next door with exactly the same name.  I have
> enough trobles with the taxman over that - God help me if our birthdays
> were the same, too.

If anyone on this list plays Role Playing Games, they may know the
company "Ross Talsorian Games". The owner was a buddy of mine in
college named "Mike Smith". Mike is black, and in the late seventies,
and early 80's there weren't a lot of black guys in Davis.

At the time, Mike's daily driver was a beat up '65 'cuda we called
"Mother Mopar". She was a bit long in the tooth, but there are some
amusing stories about other drivers being taught what 273 godfearing
American cubic inches could do.

As a black guy, in a mostly white college town, driving a beat up
older car, Mike got pulled over regularly for Driving While Black. On
at least two occasions he was subsequently arrested and taken to jail,
because someone typed in the wrong birthday when entering warrants for
another Mike Smith.

Shortly before Mike married his girlfriend, Lisa Pond, he changed his
name to Pondsmith. That helped with the misentered warrants. Since he
worked at the library for King law school, he bought a window sticker
for the law school and put it on the car. I don't think he was pulled
over for DWB in Davis after that. I guess that cops find harrassing
law students more trouble than it's worth.

Larry Colen             l...@red4est.com            http://www.red4est.com/lrc