Welcome Back, Brian. Enjoyed the blog & looking forward to more pictures from the trip. Cheers, Christine

----- Original Message ----- From: "Brian Walters" <supera1...@fastmail.fm>
To: "Pentax-Discuss Mail List" <pdml@pdml.net>
Sent: Sunday, October 04, 2009 6:11 AM
Subject: Back Home Again

G'day all

I'm back from my 7 week trip across Australia (east to west and back
again).  All up, 4,200 km by train and 10,300 km driving.

Did I miss anything?

A few things I learned on the trip:

1.  Red wine and laptop keyboards don't play well together.

2.  Dave Savage is a good bloke (although I'd already guessed that).

3.  The D700 is a monster camera (well...compared to my K200D and
istDS).

4.  Never count on the weather being cooperative when you feel like
doing some 'serious' photography (the weather was particularly foul for
most of the trip).

5.  Film is dead!  As usual I packed one film camera (an ME-F this time)
and a few rolls of film.  They weren't used.

While in Perth I found an exhibition of Richard Woldenthorp's aerial
landscape photography at the Art Gallery.  The exhibition, titled
'Abstract Earth', featured photographs of patterns in the Australian
landscape taken from about 1,500 metres.  There's a slide show of the
photographs here, if anyone would like to take a look:

http://www.richardwoldendorp.com/exhibition/index.htm

I'm still sorting though my photos in the hope that there might be a few
I can PESO.  In the meantime, if anyone wants to see where we went and
what we did, there are some low res photos on our holiday blog.  Some of
you might have already seen some of it (thanks, Christine, for posting
the link):

http://www.blognow.com.au/gowest/

Cheers

Brian