On Tue, Oct 06, 2009 at 10:45:33PM -0400, Doug Franklin scripsit:
> Graydon wrote:
>> only you'd have to be a grammar robot to read it that way,
>
> Yeah, but I'm a software geek, not a "native speaker", so I read it
> the  "that imprecision annoys me" way. :-)

Speaking as someone who once formally failed a Turing test, I can
empathize.

>> Which is how I got into this particular excavation in the first place,
>> and I should stop digging. :)
>
> Nah, I've got a shovel, too. :-)

Ah, well, then, should we discuss the halting problem?  I'm sure
proof-by-induction will just thrill the available audience to diverse
heights of joy and admiration.

-- Graydon