Miserere wrote:
2009/10/11 Larry Colen <l...@red4est.com>:

[snip]

Question 1: What is it that is different about the 77 that makes it
such an amazing lens for shooting portraits?

From what I've gathered reading a number of secret internal memos and
looking at the original optical diagrams...what makes the 77 Ltd so
special is Japanese pixie dust.

I think they ran out of it a few years ago, so I don't think they were
able to use it for the DA* 55.

Could be wishful thinking, but I'm sure I detect a whiff of pixie dust in there. Though I suspect it's different -- it would be from Japanese Plastic Pixies.

-bmw