Writing into the GNG sounds great, I always shoot DNG as RAW files.

John
From: pdml-boun...@pdml.net [pdml-boun...@pdml.net] On Behalf Of AlunFoto
[alunf...@gmail.com]
Sent: 12 October 2009 16:14
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List
Subject: Re: GPS with your K7 [Scanned]

2009/10/12 John Whittingham <jo...@carmel.ac.uk>:
> Hi Jostein,
>
> Just a thought, havig the data embedded in the EXIF would be the ideal.

Absolutely. That's one accessory I envy the Nikonians, a GPS unit that
writes directly to the recorded files.
Some GPS synching software will write out XMP sidecar files to go with
PEF, or write directly into the DNGs. That's not too bad either. :-)

Jostein

--
http://www.alunfoto.no/galleri/
http://alunfoto.blogspot.com

DISCLAIMER:
This e-mail may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use
of the intended recipient; others may not distribute, copy or use it in whole
or in part, without the agreement of Carmel College. If you have received this
communication in error, you should destroy it and any attachment and notify the
sender immediately by reply e-mail.