On Mon, 12 Oct 2009 23:30 -0400, "frank theriault"
<knarftheria...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Friday evening I took this photo with my *istD:
>
> http://knarfdummyblog.blogspot.com/2009/10/what-i-did-this-weekend.html
>
> Since then, I haven't shot a single digital photo.  Finished a roll of
> TriX that was in the Leica, shot another 28 or 29 frames on a roll
> that's been sitting around for over a year, and, just to make sure I
> didn't run out of film, ~I actually purchased a roll of film~!!!
>
> It was lots of fun.  Prime lens, constantly checking exposure as I
> walked along, setting the focus for hyperfocus (to grab that "first
> shot" before I have a chance to properly focus and set exposure),
> shooting, winding the film, stepping forward (remember, no zoom!),
> shooting again.
>
> Checking the back of the camera and remembering that I can't chimp.
>
> Wild and wacky stuff.
>
> But so much fun!!
>
> Now the wait to get back the roll of film I finished on Saturday
> afternoon, and the wait to finish the roll in the camera and get that
> developed.
>
> Good times, good times...

I've really got to get out and do some film stuff.  On my recent trip I
packed an ME-F that I bought a couple of years ago and have never used,
thinking that I'd have plently of opportunities to try it out with some
Ektachrome.  It came home unused and I've been kicking myself ever
since.

Maybe this weekend....

Cheers

Brian