On Oct 18, 2009, at 6:35 PM, frank theriault wrote:

On Sun, Oct 18, 2009 at 5:36 PM, Cotty <cotty...@mac.com> wrote:
On 18/10/09, Jaume Lahuerta, discombobulated, unleashed:

Jaume, the wet blanket...

LOL. Hardly.

I think they really do fight. We see a nice packaged up wrapping to it all, but at the end of the day it's a sweaty hell of drivign as fast as
you can. Have you ever gone karting? After 15 minutes of that I am
absolutely shattered, and have aches for days....

I'm pretty sure they fight:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kh1WxQmst2o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WkhxPMhDfg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2MeWpZSeL8

And, you're right, Cotty, what these guys do is incredibly difficult
and athletic.  F1 pilots are some of the fittest athletes in the world
- they have to be to withstand those G forces and maintain such
intense concentration for the duration of those races.

Exactly. And the driver's reactions have to be superb. Things happen very fast at that speed. But while reactions have to be immediate, they have to be controlled as well. A responsive race car requires a light touch.

Paul
cheers,
frank