paul stenquist wrote:

Exactly. And the driver's reactions have to be superb. Things happen very fast at that speed.

Years ago, I saw a physiology study where they were trying to isolate what was "special" about different types of athletes. Some were pretty obvious, but they couldn't find anything in particular about race car drivers that separated them from other athletes. After some brainstorming, they found that, alone among the groups, the racecar drivers could read every word on a 45 RPM record while it was turning at 45 RPMs. Not that it's apropos of anything in particular, but I found it interesting.

--
Thanks,
DougF (KG4LMZ)