In a message dated 10/31/2009 6:43:05 A.M.  Pacific Daylight Time,
rf.sulli...@gmail.com writes:
Marnie,
That's not  bad, especially for all your whining.  ;-)
I like the rock and the sky  and the foreground trees.
Yes, you could have scale but I really like the  colors.
Regards, Bob S.

===========
Thanks, Bob, so did I, re  colors. And, well, er, ah, I still have tons of
blown shots (mainly trees with a  lot of light behind them, and some blown
rock shots).

I just took tons  and used exposure lock and it worked one half of the
time. (Only one half,  because my fingers aren't that coordinated -- on the
Canon, push shutter to  focus, quickly push another button to exposure lock.
Not
sure what it is on the  Pentax, but must be similar. I am going to see if
that can't be a custom  function, push focus automatically means exposure
lock. It would be easier. I  must admit I am still learning my camera, haven't
used it THAT much since I got  it.)

I was helped with this shot that the clouds were throwing some  shadows on
Half Dome, helping give it definition.

Thanks mucho also to  Paul, frank, and Adam.

Marnie aka Doe  :-)