No street cars in Chicago so that was interesting to see, Frank. Nice job on the pics. Hope everyone was ok. Cheers, Christine

----- Original Message ----- From: "frank theriault" <knarftheria...@gmail.com>
To: "Pentax-Discuss Mail List" <PDML@pdml.net>
Sent: Tuesday, November 03, 2009 4:28 PM
Subject: GESO - Off the Rails

I played hooky from work today and as I was walking near Spadina and
Queen (for those of you who are familiar with Toronto) I saw a huge
line of streetcars along Queen, west of Spadina.  Turns out a car had
jumped the tracks right at Spadina.  I took a few pics, the first one
showing the truck off the rails, sitting on the concrete apron.

They brought out a hydraulic jack, got the front of the car in the
air, were inspecting the truck and wheels (presumably for damage),
then let it back down to the concrete apron.

No one there seemed to know how they were going to get it back on the
rails, and though I probably should have stuck around to see how it
resolved, I decided to walk on.

Not nearly as exciting as Larry's car accidents or Christine's
construction photos, here's a little gallery that may be of  interest
to you rail buffs:

http://knarfdummyblog.blogspot.com/2009/11/off-rails.html

Comments welcome.

cheers,