From: pdml-boun...@pdml.net [mailto:pdml-boun...@pdml.net] On Behalf Of Mark
Roberts
Sent: Tuesday, November 10, 2009 1:45 PM
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List
Subject: Re: Ricoh GXR interchanges electronics together with lenses!

Godfrey DiGiorgi wrote:

While the notion of a "unit interchangeable" camera like the GXR is
interesting, technically, I'm not at all interested in it. I can only
imagine the price of premium lens-sensor units, the difficulties in
calibration across different lenses, etc.

And, of course, there will be no ability to use anyone else's lenses
at all. No adaptation of existing FourThirds lenses, Pentax lenses,
nothing. You use whatever and exactly what "lens unit" offerings the
manufacturer makes available.

Might be a nice system if it supports exactly what you want. And (for
US photographers) if Ricoh re-institutes their sales/service/support
network here that they eliminated almost a decade ago.

But it's certainly not for me.

I think it might be for me.

I'd get just one fast prime and leave it at that. I think most people
will get just one lens. I look at this as not an interchangeable-lens
camera but at a customizable-fixed-lens camera.