While the notion of a "unit interchangeable" camera like the GXR is
interesting, technically, I'm not at all interested in it. I can only
imagine the price of premium lens-sensor units, the difficulties in
calibration across different lenses, etc.

And, of course, there will be no ability to use anyone else's lenses
at all. No adaptation of existing FourThirds lenses, Pentax lenses,
nothing. You use whatever and exactly what "lens unit" offerings the
manufacturer makes available.

Might be a nice system if it supports exactly what you want. And (for
US photographers) if Ricoh re-institutes their sales/service/support
network here that they eliminated almost a decade ago.

But it's certainly not for me.

--
Godfrey
  godfreydigiorgi.posterous.com