From: "Jens"
I have read, that whenever you submit an image to Facebook, you give
up all rights to yopur photo. It now belongs 100 % to Facebook. So, I
don't submit phographjs to Facebook unless they are nearly useless.

I don't think it works quite that way. You retain the rights, and Facebook won't take your image for their own uses.

But they won't do anything to keep third parties from misappropriating your image, and apparently they strip out the metadata including copyright information.

Their Terms of Service just keep you from suing them if some third party misappropriates your image from their site.

You can always put a copyright or watermark in the image itself.