In a message dated 12/1/2009 7:44:57 A.M.  Pacific Standard Time,
jdavi...@yahoo.com writes:

Happens to the best of  us. (Obviously.)

Glad you're okay, which is the important  thing.

Marnie :-)
============
Sad moment.. I was unloading  gear after returning home from a short photo
trip. Was carrying the "mother"  bag, a satellite bag containing the K20, DA
16-45 etc. and a light tripod (3001  Bogen w/mini ball head). "Bogen" is
easier to spell.
As I approached the door  into the house, I caught my toe on the edge of a
throw rug. Thought I was going  down so, per survival instinct, I emptied my
hands to help catch myself when I  contacted the cement floor.
All but the mother bag on my shoulder went to the  floor in sort of a
forward throw. Later, when I turned the camera on, all I had  on the display
was
a flashing F.. Lens was difficult to remove and was obviously  not mating
with contacts. Upon removing the lens, with some effort, I could see  a slight
bend in the lens mount on the body.
I put the lens on a K10 and  found it mounted OK, but would not focus on
the "S" setting and shutter would  not release. In "C" mode. while the focus
indicator light indicated "in focus"  at the narrow end, the images were soft
beyond help. Element scramble  maybe.(?)
Both K20 body and lens are on their way to the new Pentax repair  facility
at 250 North 54th st, Chandler, AZ 85226.

Jack (sniff)