On Dec 6, 2009, at 2:26 AM, Bob Sullivan wrote:

> Both of those are well prepared galleries.  It takes real effort to
> assemble that many photos.

Thanks, Bob.  I had a couple of late nights which made me feel even worse than
usual on the Monday morning.  Editing is not easy...

> I appreciate the uphill photos but it didn't look like the light
> helped you very much.

Unfortunately I can't control the weather.  A sunny morning may have been worse
though as the riders might have been in shadow.

> I would have loved some background scenery, but only got a hint of out
> of focus stuff.

I was wanting to get more of the background scenery of the harbour but I
probably would have had to scale the cliff face.  Another guy did have a fairly
good spot though.  I was trying to put the riders first and the scenery second.
 I did take a couple of scenic landscape photos which I might post later.

> The downhill was better in this regard, with the distant city in the
> background.
> And in the middle, who were those folks on the dirt path?  A different ride???

Yes, a mountain bike race, part of the same festival of cycling.  I hadn't paid
much attention to the programme so I was surprised to see it.  I decided to
take a couple of snaps as it was only a few minutes walk off the road.

Cheers,
Dave