On Dec 8, 2009, at 8:45 AM, John Sessoms wrote:

> I had one of those "petal" shape bayonet style hoods for a 28-70 zoom. It
> snapped across one of the narrow points. Wouldn't grip afterward.

The hood for the FA*24 may be of a different construction.  This one is in two
parts, a ring at the base then the petal part.  There's a ring of metal between
them that provides the bayonet function and I think they screw together.
Basically the "base" ring has separated.

The last time this happened I didn't quite fix it right which caused it to fit
a bit loose so I'm not too bothered about having to fix it again.  As I
mentioned previously the first repair lasted a couple of years but I'm not
exactly rough with my equipment.  But I don't think this one will be under
quite the same kind of stresses as your repair.

Cheers,
Dave