'The Pine Barrens' --yep, a very nice read!  Cheers, Christine

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ken Waller" <kwal...@peoplepc.com>
To: "Pentax-Discuss Mail List" <pdml@pdml.net>
Sent: Tuesday, December 08, 2009 3:43 PM
Subject: Re: OT: Google rocks

Kenneth Waller
http://www.tinyurl.com/272u2f

----- Original Message ----- From: "Bob W" <p...@web-options.com>

>>An interesting story here about geology. (Probably the
first time that
>>sentence has ever been written!)
>>http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/8398451.stm
>>

>Never heard of a fellow named John McPhee, have you?

graydon , what does he know - he's on the other side of the pond :)

I love John McPhee - of the geo's my fave is Rising From the Plain.

Bob - you should read him! He's amazing!

Indeed, I had never heard of him but now I'll keep an eye open for his
schist lit.

'The Pine Barrens' & 'Coming into the Country' are two of his I've enjoyed reading.