From: Bob Sullivan
John,
No doubt you've noticed the push into specialty coffee at US McDonald's.
That started in Oz 8-10 years ago with McCafe's in Australia.
The Germans and then the rest of Europe picked it up some years later.
I'm not sure it was in the German airport or Glasgow when you were thru there.
As a stockholder and former employee, I'd encourage you not to give up on McD's.
They are trying hard and it's beginning to hurt Starbucks.
Tastes may differ, but I don't think it was ever about the coffee in Starbucks.
It was about the HYPE- barristas, special orders, comfy chairs,
atmosphere, pricey status symbols.
Regards, Bob S.

I've noticed that their regular coffee is not as good as it once was. I haven't tried any of their "specialty" coffee's because all I drink is regular black coffee.

I haven't abandoned McDonald's completely, but I'm cut way back. Has to do with trying to be more low-fat and having to be more low-income. Make coffee for myself at home instead of getting it on the run now.