Thanks, Thibs.

On the positive side of things - this is yet another officially full frame lens ;-). On the negative side of things, this is yet another 100/2.8 macro, duh! Given the finishing, I reckon that Pentax has finally admitted that their DA limited lenses were not exactly as limited as FA ones ;-).

I for one am still very happy with my good old FA 100/*3.5* macro that is currently being mostly used by Galia with certain success.

Boris

Thibouille wrote:
The PENTAX-D FA MACRO 100mmF2.8 WR is the first PENTAX interchangeable
macro lens featuring a completely rounded diaphragm blade. This
creates a natural, beautiful bokeh, while minimizing the streaking
effect of point light sources.

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0912/09120903pentax100mm.asp

http://www.pentaximaging.com/about-us.aspx?p=press&pid=PENTAXADDS100mmF2.8WRMACROTOWEATHER-RESISTANTLENSLINE-UP20091209150053